#18: Hormonal Balance When You're Not Even 30 is Still Important [PODCAST]Dec 08, 2018
As a women’s health coach who specialises in the menopause, I do spend a lot of my time sharing my knowledge and tips about this time of life, coaching one-on-one clients and organising all kind of events to help break the taboo of the menopause and change women’s lives.
But I don’t often mention just how important it is for you to take care of your hormones when you’re much younger, even before you’ve even hit the milestone of 30.
That’s why this week I decided to get together with my lovely daughter Nicole and one of her best friends Charlie Summers (both in their mid to late 20s) to find out more about their experiences with their hormones, their periods and family planning.
Then we discuss the menopause, what they think it’s all about, and I share some really helpful tips that could help Charlie’s mum transition through the menopause much more easily.
This podcast is very personal to me as Nicole and Charlie have known each other since they were very young, and we used to have some very interesting conversations around the dinner table when they were teenagers.
It’s great for us all to be back together again, although they’re all grown up now!
Listen to this podcast to find out…
- Why mood swings, PMS and severe period pain are menstrual symptoms that should be checked
- The reasons why being on the pill isn’t great for your long-term health (and can cause fertility problems too)
- The natural peaks and troughs you should experience throughout your monthly cycle
- Natural family planning and the potential benefit of taking your temperature every morning at every age (and the risks too)
- How to conceive more easily and have a healthy baby if you’re still taking the pill
- What you need to do to protect yourself from some of the side effects of the pill
- Peri-menopause, menopause and how I’m taking care of my health to prepare for the future
- Gut health and how it affects almost everything to do with your overall health
- What these 20-somethings think of the menopause and what the truth really is
- The role that your adrenal glands and your stress levels play in how you feel day-to-day
- How a holistic approach to health is always best
- Why it’s worth waiting for the results of lifestyle change (and why Millennials often find it hard)
Plus much more!
Click below to listen. :)