Podcast #10: Why Hormone Testing is Essential for Peri-Menopausal and Menopausal Women (with Maria Claps from Nourish & Flourish Health)Mar 02, 2018
Have you ever wished you could pinpoint exactly what’s going on with your hormones?
Desperate to figure out why you’re feeling tired all the time, sleeping so poorly at night, and piling on the weight, so you could start doing something about it?
This week’s podcast guest, Maria Claps of Nourish and Flourish Health knows exactly how you’re feeling, because at the tender age of 42, she started noticing signs of the peri-menopause and was unsure of what to do.
Having grown up in a family that preferred the natural and holistic over mainstream medicine (and having brought her kids up with the same philosophy), she didn’t want to simply accept the HRT or other drugs offered.
She wanted to understand her hormones, to take control of her health and to make any necessary changes that might help her feel like her old self again.
I’m very happy to say that she succeeded, and now, like me, helps other women in the US to enjoy an empowered menopause and feel great after 40.
So in this week’s podcast, we’ll be getting together and chatting about the peri-menopause, the importance of hormone testing, the surprising extras you get with the DUTCH hormone test, the likely reason why you still can’t sleep at night, and much more.
Listen to my short podcast to learn:
- Maria’s personal story of her early peri-menopause at 42 and what she did about it
- What her own experience with bio-identical hormones and high-grade nutritional supplements taught her about optimal health
- Why the regular hormone testing methods on offer aren’t always the best option (and why DUTCH test is much better)
- The surprising hormone that could be behind your poor sleep and sluggish feeling in the morning
- Why it’s never too late to test your hormones (even in your 60s and 70s!)
- The reason you need to focus on methylation when it comes to your overall health
- Why the way you start your 50s will have a massive impact upon your experience of your 60s.
- What advice she would give her younger self
And much more…
Snuggle up nice and warm and hit that play button to find out more about hormone testing, the peri-menopause and why self care is so very important.